In House Tasting & Cambridge Wine Royston present:
Charity Virtual Gin Tasting in aid of Garden House Hospice Care, Letchworth
100% of profits from tasting packs sold to be donated to Garden House Hospice Care.
When? Friday 3rd July @ 7:30pm
Where? Your home! Purchase a tasting pack and join in the fun on Facebook or YouTube. The video will premiere at 7:30pm on 3rd July; premiere links to follow.
How much does it cost? Tasting packs cost £30.00 each plus postage (or free click & collect from Cambridge Wine in Royston)
**Note: Click & Collect orders will be available to collect from 25th June. Postal orders will despatch week commencing 22nd June.**
Each tasting kit is beautifully packaged and contains:
5x Gin Miniature 50ml
2x Folkington’s Indian Tonic Water 150ml
1x Wire Bound Tasting Handbook
1x Tasting Place Mat
Each pack serves 1-3 people (you decide, but please drink responsibly!). Each bottle has a screw cap and can be resealed, so you can enjoy the tasting and save the rest for another time.
We are delighted to be showcasing five gins from five stunning distilleries, three of which are local!
1. Copper in the Clouds Lychee & Raspberry Gin (Hertfordshire)
– James Grant, founder of Copper in the Clouds, will talk us through his brand new Lychee & Raspberry Gin. Be one of the very first people to taste his new creation!
2. Roundwood London Dry (Cambridgeshire)
– Emily & Rupert have handcrafted a taste of the Cambridgeshire woodland. Their extra-small batch gin brings a subtle woodland twist to a classic London Dry recipe.
3. Campfire Old Tom (Hertfordshire)
– Ben from Puddingstone Distillery will be showing you a classic style of gin, ‘Old Tom’. Sometimes referred to as the ‘missing link’ between the traditional Dutch Jenever and the well-known, London Dry style with which we are all so familiar. Ben will explain all!
4. Fishers London Dry (Suffolk)
– Fishers is more than a gin- it is an expression of the English coast. Distilled between the sea and the salt marshes, Fishers infuses foraged local herbs and coastal botanicals, capturing wild and forgotten flavours of the English coastline.
5. HYKE London Dry (Sussex)
– “Luxurious spirits distilled with sustainable resources.” HYKE Gin is made in England using grape spirit produced from internationally-sourced, fresh table grapes that are surplus to the requirements of the supermarket supply chain.
About Garden House Hospice Care:
Across the communities of North Hertfordshire, Stevenage and surrounding towns and villages in Central Bedfordshire and Cambridgeshire, Garden House Hospice Care supports personalised and compassionate palliative end of life care for those in need following a diagnosis of a life-limiting illness. Supporting a community of over 230,000 people.
As a direct result of the coronavirus pandemic, demand for their care has increased. However, they are unable to fundraise in the ways they usually do, with fundraising activities cancelled or postponed and shops closed. They are forecasting a loss of £25,000 a week – that’s £1.3 million this year and face an unthinking future if they cannot plug the gap.